Traffic Updates



Valid Travel Passes


Hillsbus accepts free or concession travel to school and tertiary students, jobseekers, apprentices and trainees as listed below.

Free Travel
  • School Free Travel Bus Pass
  • Tafe Free Travel Bus Pass
Concession Travel
  • NSW Teritary Student Card (with concession sticker)
  • NSW Senior Secondary Student ID Card (with concession sticker)
  • Proof of Age Card
  • Copy of a Birth Certificate (Students under the age of 15 years)
  • Half Fare Entitlement Card
  • NSW Government concession fare certificate
Conditions of Use
  • Passes must be shown at the start of each journey, otherwise full fare must be paid
  • Use valid only to the person named on the pass
Passes are not valid
  • If there are alterations to the pass
  • If damaged or mutilated
  • Passes that are not entitled to a concession
  • Seniors Health cards & National Seniors card are not valid on Hillsbus services
School Students
  • Only School ID cards, birth certificates and passports showing student's date of birth will be accepted as verification of age for concession travel. Other passes not listed will not be accepted for free concession travel.
  • Holders of the displayed passes agree to comply with the relevant conditions of the Transport Administration Act 1999.

For information on how to apply for a School Bus pass go to School information.

To find out more infromation for transport concessions view the Concession_Cards_A5_Brochure or go to NSW Public Transport Concessions.